Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Count, Part 2

I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so an outfit post may have to wait until tomorrow. In the meantime, here is a post I had already put together yesterday:

I decided since I'm about half way through my internship and stay here in New York City, I should do another "count" (Click here to see Part 1) So here it is, The Count-Part 2:

-Amount of money I've spent on shopping: if I told you, you would judge me
-Number of times I've gotten lost on the subway: still only once!
-Number of books read: 2 (I like to read when I get lonely here; its a nice distraction. Plus, it gives me an excuse to keep visiting the Strand)
-Number of phone calls home: too many to count
-Number of creepy-New York-men-encounters: 2
-Number of days worked: 15
-Number of mini-adventures I've taken: 4 (Times Square, SoHo, Brooklyn, Union Square area)
-Number of pictures taken: lots and lots! (I might put together a small scrapbook when I get home)
-Number of visitors: 1 (about to be 2 when the boyfriend visits this weekend! Can't wait!)

So far, I am having an amazing time here. I can't believe this is already week 4! I have been feeling a little homesick lately, so this is the perfect time for a visit from the boyfriend. Can't wait for a fun-filled weekend with him and then 3 more weeks of New York City adventures! Any suggestions for things to do my last few weeks here?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a scrapbook from your "adventures" in New York...
P.S. Call home as often as you like...we miss you too!!!

Queenie said...

wow an internship in NYC, you lucky thing :)

picnic in central park? xx

Angeline said...

Ah! I love New York. I lived there for three semesters while I did my master's degree. I actually posted a list of my favorite NYC things on my old blog, years and years ago (I'm dating myself here...this was a month before I finished school and moved away): http://angesmind.blogspot.com/2006_11_19_archive.html

Enjoy!

elizabethashleyphoto said...

So this is super tourist-y, but when my husband and I visited NYC last year, we did one of those Circle Line boat tours around the entire island, and it was really interesting to me. We got to see so much stuff that you wouldn't get to see on a short visit, and the tour guide was really good. It was a long tour, but it seemed to go by way too fast. I think when we go back, we will probably do the tour again because we liked it so much the first time.

elizabethashleyphoto said...

Also, take the ferry to Staten Island around dusk/sunset time. The subway goes right up to it and you can just turn around and come right back once you get over there because I found the ferry terminal area of Staten Island to be a little scary so I wouldn't go wandering around by yourself or anything.