Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Short and Sweet

Its gotten so hot here that I can barely think, so I will probably be keeping this post short and sweet. I was talking to my mom today on the phone, and I told her I was no longer going to care about what I looked like for work because its too hot to turn on a hair straightener and put on a bunch of makeup. So bear with me if I look a bit scary in the next few days of outfit posts. Today, I forced my hair into a full ponytail even though its not even close to long enough yet. A couple bobby pins, strategically placed braids, and a ton of hairspray later, I made it work. I'm really starting to regret cutting my hair; it would be amazing to be able to put my hair in a bun right about now. On a positive note, I'm excited about all the new readers/followers I have been getting! If you are a regular reader, make sure to become a follower on the side tab so I know you are out there :)



Occasion: Work
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 ruffle top, American Apparel skirt (navy), Vintage clock necklace via Talk of the Town Vintage

I don't have too much to say about this outfit besides that it fit the bill of light and breezy. Also, I absolutely love this necklace; its one of my favorite vintage pieces. I plan to do a post soon on all my vintage jewelry-possibly this weekend after my visit to Beacon's closet. I'm hoping the week will go quickly until then!

9 comments:

Ady Grafovna said...

I am followng on Google Reader. And I hear you on the shorter hair being a pain in this weather!

Angeline said...

So cute! Love the top.

No Guilt Fashion said...

I'm in the same boat you are as far as growing out your hair. I'm running out of ideas of ways to make it cute without being a hot mess a few hours into the day.

Anonymous said...

You knew I already liked the skirt...but I absolutely LOVE the top. The color looks great on you.

Unknown said...

This look is super cute! i love the top and skirt, i actually do this with a top i have and the black version of this skirt

ps ur hair still looks cute! way better then mine!

Tiffany Jen said...

love your outfit~ something i would totally wear!

Melissa said...

I really like this. My favourite outfits are usually really simple and chic (which is why trying to be creative in this challenge might kill me!) haha
Melissa

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love the top and the necklace. I am joining the challenge tomorrow so thought I would come say hi and see how its going.
Daisy Dayz Home

Anonymous said...

definitely like the ruffles on your top!