Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Taking a Walk in Carrie Bradshaw's Manolos

(Minus the actual Manolos, unfortunately). In anticipation for my summer stay in the city, I made a long list of places I wanted to see/stores I wanted to shop at/restaurants where I wanted to eat. As my time here continues to dwindle, its beginning to hit me that I haven't accomplished my whole list. So yesterday I was determined to cross off another item: Magnolia Bakery. I had read reviews online that said expect at least a 15 minute wait and a line down the block, but it must have been my lucky day because there were only two other customers there! I ordered the red velvet cupcake, and it was quite delicious (although Crumbs still remains my favorite).


The bakery itself was really cute; I think the atmosphere and the fact that it was on the show Sex and the City is what makes it such a big hit. The main reason I wanted to visit was because I'm a huge Sex and the City fan. I have all the seasons on DVD, saw the last two movies at midnight showings the day they came out, had SATC posters plastered all over my dorm room...I think you get the picture. After visiting Magnolia, I started thinking about other New York City locations that played a role in the show. I found this amazing map online detailing different spots from the show and decided I needed to check some of them out for myself.


The restaurant where Carrie gets stood up for her birthday. Its literally across the street from where I'm living right now...so cool!

The street where the exterior of Carrie's brownstone was usually shot

Jefferson Market Garden where Miranda and Steve got married

I also visited the Starbucks where Carrie interviews Louise to be her assistant. Sadly, it didn't look any different from other Starbucks so I didn't take any pictures. Next on my list of SATC/NYC places to see is the New York Public Library, where Carrie and Big were supposed to get married. I have been wanting to visit there anyways, so this just gives me another reason to do so. Maybe next weekend? Hopefully it has cooled down a little by then!

Align Left

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That garden is beautiful!!!