Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth of July

This weekend my friend Natalie came to visit and celebrate the 4th of July in the city. We spent Saturday shopping in Times Square (Forever 21 again...surprise surprise) and hanging out in Brooklyn at her friend's apartment. Yesterday, to celebrate the 4th, we watched the Macy's fireworks over the Hudson. We arrived at the pier at five to get a good spot, and then spent four sweaty, long hours waiting for them. But I guess it was worth it because they were the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen. There were six different sets of fireworks going off simultaneously, all in a row. This holiday made me a little homesick for my family and friends since this is the first time I have spent 4th of July away from home, but I was still really happy to get to celebrate it New York-style.





1 comment:

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

Sounds like an awesome day, I wish I was in brooklyn.