Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

More J.Crew Love

So I had every intention of posting yesterday but was having some malfunctioning internet issues. I apologize in advance if this post gets a little lengthy. Lets start with today's outfit...



Occasion: Work
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 top, Ann Taylor Loft shorts, Forever 21 gold feather and pearl necklace, Urban Outfitters earrings

This is one of those outfits that I think looks better in person than in pictures. Every time I do outfit photos in these shorts, I really don't like the way they look. I don't know if I'm just being over-critical, or if I need to ditch the shorts. I think next time I'm going to try them without tucking in my shirt and see if I like them better that way. On the other hand, I love this top. Gotta love those great Forever 21 finds. Speaking of great finds, the J.Crew gods have blessed me once again. Yesterday I got lunch at City Bakery (Teenfashionista wasn't lying...the pretzel croissant is amazing), and afterwards, I decided to pop into J.Crew for a second. I made a beeline toward the sale section so I wouldn't be seduced by all the beautiful full-price clothes at the front of the store. I browsed for a few minutes but didn't really see anything I liked. Then I saw THEM. The shoes I have been eyeing for a month in my size and the only box left. Meet my new babies:
The best part? I paid less than $35 for them, with tax! Original price=$138. If that isn't a great deal, I don't know what is. I left the store grinning like an idiot, quite pleased with myself for being such a bargain shopper. Thank goodness I'm not participating in the 30 for 30 challenge yet, or I would have just cheated.

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Love the shoes. Great deal. There's a big outlet mall close to me and the J. Crew outfit is amazing. I wish they had more shoes though.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love the tee and those shoes are cute!!

Ive just posted my first 2 looks Daisy Dayz Home

Sara said...

Nice score on those cute shoes!

Angeline said...

Those shoes are gorgeous and you definitely cannot beat the price! I think there are just some items that don't photograph well but look good in person...I totally have had that experience, too (I look like what? No way...)

Melissa said...

Very cute shoes! I still think you should start the 30 for 30 now! You could do a 22 for 22 ;) and you'll have new shoes to add to your pics!