Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

J. Crew Love

The weekend is finally here! I'm looking forward to a relaxing night of sushi, the latest Lucky magazine (it finally arrived!), and season 2 of Gossip Girl. Hopefully all of this relaxation will rev me up for my thrifting/vintage shopping excursion tomorrow. I'm a pretty amateur thrifter, but I have heard that its much easier if you go into it with a list in mind of what you are looking for. Here is my list, in no particular order:
-belts
-jewelry (preferably statement necklaces or other bold pieces)
-chain strap purse
-jean shorts
-printed skirt
-anything striped
-brooches/flower pins
-silk scarves

Okay, so obviously I'm not going to find everything on my list, but I figured that it at least gives me a starting point. Wish me luck! I will be probably be heading to the Brooklyn area if anyone has suggestions for stores around there! Before I get to my outfit photos, I wanted to show you what was in the surprise package my aunt sent me...


A J.Crew tee and matching J.Crew flipflops! It was so thoughtful of my aunt to send me this; she knows how much I love my J.Crew! They make the best t-shirts; I wear them to class all the time because they are casual but so much more interesting than a plain tee. They also can be dressed up with a skirt and the right accessories. Thanks, Shelle! And while I'm at it, I would like to do a little shoutout to Shelle-
Happy Birthday! I hope you had an amazing day!




Occasion: Work
What I'm wearing: Dress from Ali's Boutique in Cincinnati (Northside), Vintage necklace, Vintage bracelet, Banana Republic sandals (not pictured)

I have only worn this dress a few times, but I always get complimented when I wear it, probably because its very unique looking with the mixed prints. The only issue I had with it today was that it was not made to withstand the strong winds that were blowing through the city; I had quite a few Marilyn Monroe moments while out running errands for work. Well I think its about time for me to unwind...I hope everyone else has a relaxing weekend as well!

1 comment:

Ady said...

That is a beautiful teeshirt!
And your dress today is unique and flattering too. :)