Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blessed

Sometimes, I still can't believe I'm actually here. I will be walking through the subway with my headphones in, listening to my iPod, when it hits me- I'm in New York City. I'm actually doing this. Sometimes the tasks I'm given as an intern are less than glamorous, but honestly I'm just so grateful to be here. I thought for sure I would be working retail again this summer before I got the call for an interview. I'm just feeling blessed to have this opportunity. Although it can get a little lonely, I'm also enjoying my complete independence. When I'm not working, I can literally do whatever I want. I go shopping, eat where I want to eat, go sightseeing; I do whatever I feel like doing at that moment. I have been taking time to do things for myself like read and watch movies on netflix. Its a nice way to unwind after the long days at work.



Occasion: Work
What I'm wearing: Ann Taylor Loft top, Forever 21 skirt, Forever 21 necklace, Vintage ring via Talk of the Town Vintage, Tiffany's bracelet (gift from Mom and Dad)

I have already learned so much from blogging. Like that when it comes to clothes, I literally have a photographic memory and can tell you exactly when and where I got an item. Or that skirts and dresses are infinitely more flattering on me than pants and shorts. Or that my closet has been completely overrun by Forever 21-something I hadn't really noticed before. I also now am much more concious of the items I am wearing, and I hope that this blog will help me get better at remixing. I wish I was brave enough to try Kendi's 30 for 30 challenege, but I don't think I'm quite ready for something like that yet. In other news, today I got to see the direct impact of the trend research I have been doing. The senior designer sat down with me today and showed me the sketches she had made using inspiration from my tear sheets. It was very cool to see that I actually get to influence what garments are being designed. It was probably one of the high points of my internship so far!

No comments: