Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Luckiest Girl

Its my last weekend here in the city, and I can't believe it. The time has flown, but I think I have done a good job of doing almost everything I had wanted to do when I came here. This weekend I'm mostly focusing on shopping. I will be starting my 30 for 30 shopping ban a week from Monday, and I anticipate that it will last until right before school starts up again. So instead of waiting until the last minute, I'm taking advantage of the amazing shopping in this city and starting my back-to-school shopping now. As someone who wore a uniform for grades 1-12, I am making up for lots of lost time. Last year my back-to-school purchases included a pair of brown leather boots, some "going out" tops, a sweater dress, etc. I have a list started for this year, but I will be doing another post about that later. Thanks to the company I'm interning for, my shopping list just got a lot smaller. Yesterday the interns were taken to our company's warehouse and were allowed to pick out TEN free items. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. It was so fun (and a little overwhelming!) getting to run around the warehouse, picking out anything I wanted. I walked away with 1 winter coat, 4 dresses, and 5 tops. They are currently being shipped to Ohio, so I don't have pictures right now. But I do have pictures of what I wore yesterday...




Occasion: work, warehouse, and dinner/dessert with a friend
What I'm wearing: J.Crew outlet tank, American Apparel navy skirt, Forever 21 scarf, Vintage earrings via Talk of the Town

After work yesterday, I met up with an old friend from high school who was passing through the city on the way to vacation. We had dinner with her mom and grandma and then wandered around the city. We also went to Crumbs (shocker) and then ate our cupcakes in Washington Square Park and sat and talked. It was really nice to catch up with her and its always nice to see a familiar face here since I don't know very many people in NYC. Between free clothes, free dinner (her mom is the nicest lady), and good company, yesterday was a really good day. I'm a lucky girl.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Love that scarf. I need to be better at scarf styling or ways to tie them actually. Have a great last weekend in the city. Soak it all in!

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Kayla said...

P.S. I tagged you on my blog. Be sure to check it out.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Anonymous said...

You are a very lucky girl and you are also very good at your scarf styling. You look amazing. Enjoy your final days in NEW YORK!!

No Guilt Fashion said...

You are a really lucky girl. You got the pretty dress from your last post, and these ten new items. Wow! I can't wait to see everything.
noguiltfashion.blogspot.com