Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Stains and Full Stomachs

So I have a confession to make. Sometimes I wear clothes and then put them back in my closet at the end of the day if I feel like they are still clean. And sometimes I forget to check and make sure they are stain-free before I do so. For example, the dress I'm wearing today. After wearing it for a little while, I realized there was a small chocolate smudge on it. Which I found a little odd since I hadn't eaten anything chocolate today. And then I remembered the last time I wore it was my Valentines Day date with the boyfriend where we went to Cheesecake Factory. So I believe the culprit causing this chocolate stain would be Adams Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. I should probably learn from this and just stop being lazy and start doing laundry instead of wearing 5 month old food stains around all day. Probably a good idea.






Occasion: work
What I'm wearing: Love 21 dress, H&M blazer, Earrings from The Pink Box (Cincinnati), Tiffanys Bracelet (gifted), Gap ballet flats (not pictured)

I like this dress much better with the blazer on top, but I ended up not even getting to wear it because the air conditioning was malfunctioning at work. Thankfully, I got out of work super early before the heat could really get to me. Today was a really good day on paper- the manager at work treated us all to free Chipotle (chips+guac=yummmm), I got out of work three hours early, I took a nap, and I enjoyed some delicious frozen yogurt from the NYU dining hall, complete with chocolate chips and fruity pebbles (a delicious fro-yo combination...I would recommend it). But lately I have been in a little bit of a funk. As much as I'm enjoying my time here, I think I'm ready to go home. I look forward to the weekends but hate having so much free time and no one to spend it with. I only have two weeks left though, so I think tomorrow I'm going to force myself to go on an adventure by myself. When I leave, I want to know I made the most of my time here. I'm thinking a trip to Magnolia Bakery (I've never been) and maybe a little browsing around Bleecker Street. Sunday I'm thinking I might go check out the Brooklyn Bridge and stop at Grimaldis Pizza to see what all the fuss is about. As you can probably tell, a strict workout regimen will be required when I get back to Ohio, seeing as how I feel the need to try out all these unique New York eateries and haven't worked out once since I have been here. I tell myself that all the walking counts as exercise. Just let me believe thats true, okay?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Even with the stain, that dress is so cute!