Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Times Square Can't Shine as Bright as You

What an amazing weekend! The boyfriend came for a visit, and we crammed so much into three days. By today, I was exhausted, but it was totally worth it. Here is a little glimpse of our adventures around the city...

We had an insane amount of fun at FAO Schwarz. We took about a million pictures, and the people there probably thought we were really bizarre posing with children's toys. Here I am with the character from one of my favorite childhood books, The Hungry Caterpillar.

We unintentionally saw a little of Enrique Iglesias's performance for The Early Show. I honestly had kinda forgot he existed?

We walked by the Conde Nast building, and I just had to get a picture. My possible future employer? Yes Anna Wintour, I'm talking to you. I can dream, right?

Saturday, we spent the afternoon at Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Central Park was gorgeous. I would love to go again, preferably when its a little less scorching outside.

This exhibit was the main reason I wanted to go to The Met. I love looking at old costumes and things of that nature. I think I may go back before I leave because for the boyfriend's sake, I didn't spend nearly as much time looking at the exhibit as I could have.

Today I took us to Crumbs Bake Shop. And it was delicious, as expected.

It was great to have someone else to explore the city with this weekend. We had a lot of fun shopping, sightseeing, and just being silly. Last night we had a date night, which was really nice. We went to this really small, adorable Italian restaurant in Greenwich Village called Focacceria. I would definitely recommend it; it was delicious pasta at a reasonable price. Afterwards, we took a walk in Washington Square Park and then went and saw Inception. I know a lot of people have loved this movie, but I wasn't really that crazy about it. Maybe it was just because I was so tired by that point in the day, but I didn't think it lived up to the hype I have heard about it. Either way, we had an absolutely awesome weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the caterpillar...and I am so happy you two had a great time...nice exploring the city with someone.

KT said...

OMG! I miss living in NYC and of course - Crumbs!