Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A New Addition

I'm really glad I decided to put at least a little effort into my appearance today (despite what I said yesterday) because today I got to help out in a meeting with a buyer from overseas! It was really nice to get out of the design department for a little and see what its like on the selling side. I didn't do anything all that exciting in the meeting, just read off style numbers from garments and whatnot, but it was exciting to see a little bit more of the area of fashion that I will probably actually end up working in (I'm specializing in merchandising). Plus, as silly as it is, I get so much enjoyment out of working around clothes all day. Our company produces so many great pieces, and its inspiring to work in an environment where I am surrounded by beautiful things every single day.



Occasion: Work
What I'm wearing: Old Navy navy tank, Jodi Arnold for The Limited skirt, Forever 21 necklace, Banana Republic Outlet sandals (not pictured)

I purchased this necklace last weekend when my friend Natalie and I went shopping. I was looking to spice up my jewelry collection a bit. Almost all of my necklaces are a gold/pearl combination, and I was starting to sense a pattern that needed to be broken. I think this necklace is definitely a great new addition.

Also to clarify to any new readers who are checking up about the 30 for 30 challenge I was linked to on Kendi's blog, I AM still participating but not until August. So in case you were wondering why I haven't posted my 30 items or why the hell I still get to wear whatever I want while you are suffering, I promise you I will be joining in soon enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this skirt...you can create so many looks with it...The necklace is definitely a nice addition to your collection.Very pretty.