Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Wedding, Outfits, End of Summer 079
Photo taken on the drive moving back to school

Sometimes you have to remember to look for the light at the end of the tunnel, the rainbow in between the gray clouds. Its been a rough week, made complete by the fact that I am now getting sick. No outfit pictures today because I will be attending class in yoga pants and a sweatshirt. This goes against everything I preach about looking nice for class, but sometimes you just have to focus on making it through the day, stylish or not. The first few weeks of school are always a difficult adjustment for me, so the stress of classes, work, extracurriculars, and a social life + the drastically changing temperatures have me feeling a little under the weather. I also just realized I left my camera charger in Cincinnati, and the battery is about to die. I'm trying to remind myself to stay positive and think of things I have to look forward to instead of dwelling on my stress. Here are some things I'm looking forward to in the upcoming weeks:
-This Friday's girls night out to celebrate my roommate's birthday
-Next weekend's trip home to celebrate my dad's birthday and spend time with family
-Hopefully getting a haircut (just a trim) while I'm home
-Celebrating my boyfriend's 21st birthday
-Starting to figure out my Halloween costume(s)
-Decorating for Halloween!

Some of these things may be small, but they are all little rainbows in the midst of gray clouds. They are what is keeping me sane right now. What are you focusing on to stay positive this week?

1 comment:

Alex P! said...

I am looking forward to my Fall Bonanza on saturday! Apple picking, pumpkin picking, corn mazes, etc!! wooo!! Also starting my new blog is so fun and gives me something to do to avoid my homework, so thanks for starting this one which led me to start mine! =)