Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 21- Low Maintenance and Motivated

day 21
What I'm wearing: J.Crew outlet tee, Express jean shorts (cut by me), Banana Republic outlet sandals, J.Crew canvas tote, J.Crew outlet headband, Vintage clock necklace

Today's outfit is definitely one of my least favorite from the challenge so far, but it was perfect for my plans for the day. The past two days have mostly been spent cleaning, organizing, and finishing up projects around the house. Therefore a comfy, low-maintenance outfit was necessary (and the headband covers up my dirty hair...shhhhh don't tell anyone). My big project for the day was fixing up my storage ottoman I bought at Target last year. This past school year it got some gross food/grease stains on it (that's dorm life for you). Its perfect for storing my school books while also functioning as a foot rest or end table, so I definitely didn't want to have to throw it away. So instead, I headed to JoAnn's and bought some pretty fabric to re-cover the lid with. Align Center

before


after

It was a little more complicated than I thought it would be due to the fabric being cut a little too small and a staple gun that wasn't working too well, but I love how it turned out. It will look great in my bedroom at the apartment. It kind of reminds me of the Liberty of London for Target prints and will nicely compliment some of their office storage pieces I bought while they were still in stores. Time to go work out...I figure I should take advantage of how motivated I've been feeling the past few days. I hope everyone else had a good long weekend as well!

2 comments:

elizabethashleyphoto said...

The ottoman looks great, so cute!

Jillians104 said...

I love target's liberty of london stuff!