Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 17- Pleasantly Surprised

Today marks the beginning of my fourth week of the 30 for 30 challenge (no outfit post yesterday because I went to Cedar Point amusement park and was guilty of wearing a tank top and athletic shorts...pathetic, I know, but it was ridiculously hot!) My thoughts so far about the challenge? I think I'm definitely doing better now that I'm getting farther into it. The first week I was so intimidated by having such limited options, but now I'm really starting to enjoy it. I'm definitely planning on doing another 30 for 30 challenge when the weather gets colder; I really want to see what I can come up with using Fall/Winter clothes. As for the shopping ban, I'm really proud of how strong I have been so far. I have been to Target, the mall, and the outlets and haven't bought a thing. I was hoping to hold out until I'm completely finished with my 30 outfits, but I might give in when the literal 30 days is up. I would like to do a little back-to-school clothes shopping, and as of now, I'm not set to finish the challenge until a day before I move back to school. So a little cheating may be necessary...

day 17


September 2, 2010 019
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 dress (as a top), American Apparel skirt, Merona sandals via Target, Forever 21 belt, Self-made earrings, Bangles from NYC street vendor and Forever 21

I almost didn't include this dress in my 30 items, but now I am really glad I did. It has proven to be surprisingly versatile, as it can be worn as a top, dress, or skirt. I couldn't find the original belt I had planned to use for this outfit, but I was pleasantly surprised with how this red belt complemented it so well (see, sometimes it pays off to have a messy room where you can't find anything).

Also, I have a very special birthday shout out for my friend Julie who is turning 21 today!
n1414380011_30232285_1598
I can't believe we are already entering our 3rd year of college and that you are turning 21! It feels like just yesterday we were the girls in this picture who hadn't even graduated high school yet. As soon as my shopping ban is up, I'm taking you shopping to celebrate this big birthday! Love you girl!

No comments: