Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Self-Control is Dwindling...

At the end of 2010, I calculated how much money I had spent on clothes throughout the whole year. And the number was jaw-dropping. I could blame it on spending the summer in New York City or other things of that nature, but the truth is: I wasn't being careful with my money or being a mindful shopper. Over the past few months, I have reigned in my spending and have started using some of the lessons I learned from my two 30x30 challenges to be a better shopper. But let me tell you, with spring around the corner, my self-control is really starting to dwindle. I was trying to save some money so I could do a little shopping while I'm in Cincinnati over spring break, but a few things have caught my eye recently...

Sidewalk Games Skirt
Sidewalk Games Skirt from Modcloth


Seychelles
Seychelles "Amethyst" Pump from Nordstrom

Okay so I'm not actually even considering buying the last shoe because it's a bit out of my current budget, but the first two are definitely contenders. So what do you think? Whenever I like something on Modcloth, I always feel pressure to decide fast before it sells out. Should this skirt be my first ever Modcloth purchase? And what about the wedges? They would be a perfect replacement for the Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges I swooned over all of last summer. Decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

haha great picks! I say that mostly because that skirt caught my eye yesterday and those Seychelles shoes have been sitting in a "shopping bag" on my computer for weeks.

love them!

Melissa

Colleen said...

I love the wedges.

elizabethashleyphoto said...

I would get the wedges and pass on the skirt. The wedges are so cool and you could probably wear them with just about anything. I don't personally think the skirt is that special.

I know what you mean about not spending wisely and the annual amount being jaw-dropping. I started keeping a spreadsheet of everything I buy for myself and it adds up quickly each month. It doesn't seem like I'm buying much, but when you add it all up, it's sort of embarrassing!