Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?

BFF 1

BFF 2
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 top, Forever 21 cardigan, Gap jeans, J.Crew flats, Target scarf, J.Crew bracelet

Ughhh, Mondays are the worst. Class in the morning, then work, then class again at night. SO not fun. And the worst part? Having to wear my work uniform, which means no cute outfits, which means no outfit pictures! But I finally wised up and took some outfit pictures over the weekend, which I am now using to fill the Monday void. I wore this particular ensemble on Saturday to go to dinner with a friend from home who happened to be in town. Last week, Betsy mentioned Kelsey's strategy of wearing 6 different items in every outfit. I've been pondering this idea ever since, so I decided to try out her method. This outfit could have been left plain and simple with just the top and cardigan, but I loved it so much more once I added the scarf and sparkly bracelet. If there's anything I learned from the 30x30 challenge, it's that accessories can go a long, long way. I also would love to say that I wore these flats all night, but I didn't. It's just too darn cold for flats right now. I tried to be defiant and wear them anyways, but eventually I broke down and threw on my gray cowboy boots. Is it spring yet? I miss my flats.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Great outfit! Love the floral!

rlutz said...

The floral makes me think of spring as I look out the window and see snow!

Viktoria said...

What a cute way to beat the winter blues! The top is so fun and the scarf is perfect with it!!

Katie Brown said...

I love that necklace!