Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Long, Icy Trek

BFF-2

BFF-1
What I'm wearing: J.Crew sweater, LOFT outlet jeans, Ciao Bella boots via DSW, Scarf via NYC street vendor, Vintage earrings, Forever 21 bangles

Just like pretty much the whole rest of the country, the weather in Ohio is awful right now. Since my school is super stubborn about calling off classes, this morning I woke up and knew I had a long, icy trek ahead. The long walk to class required my oh-so-reliable Ciao Bella boots; they have really good traction but are so much cuter than bulky snow boots. And thank goodness for cute scarves; this one brought a little bit of color to my otherwise all-black outfit. I've been relying heavily on black and gray this winter; come spring, I'm going to need a big dose of color. I'm already dreaming up a spring wishlist. How are you getting yourself through these winter blues?

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Love your scarf! I had to drive today and it was terrible. I'm thinking about baking some cookies to cheer me up while I'm snowed in :)

Katelyn said...

That scarf looks so cozy! At least you manage to look cute for your trek, I have a hard time not succumbing to sweats and tons of bulky layers! (Us Texans are wimps when it comes to cold weather...)
I am sooo ready for spring! Bring on the dresses and bare legs :)

-Katelyn
dailybasisblog.blogspot.com

Viktoria said...

I love that scarf!!

No Guilt Fashion said...

I love how a great scarf (like yours) can take a simple outfit like jeans and a t-shirt to a whole new level.
No Guilt Fashion

Jess said...

Such a fabulous scarf!I am always super nervous to walk on icy surfaces. I am very clumsy and fall (a lot).