Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

I Heart This Holiday

BFF-6

BFF-7
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 dress, Target tights, Target booties, Banana Republic Outlet belt
What Jillian's wearing: Modcloth Dot Through the Heart dress

BFF-8
{Jillian's strawberry cupcakes with strawberry filling}

On Saturday night, my roommates and I threw a small, Valentine-themed party for our friends. We'll take any excuse we can get to deck out the apartment entirely in red and pink. I've always had a love for this holiday, even when I wasn't dating someone. When I was a kid, my mom would make us a "red" dinner on Valentine's day which usually consisted of spaghetti, red cream soda, and strawberry icecream. Cute little traditions like that are what make me love this holiday. I also have been to known to use the whole "I'm single on Valentine's day" phrase as an excuse to indulge myself a little. I can't really use that excuse anymore, but I definitely recommend it. Unfortunately, I'm spending today taking a midterm, working, going to class, and working on a group project, so I'm glad I was able to celebrate over the weekend. Are you doing anything special to celebrate your Valentine's day?

3 comments:

Viktoria said...

You and your friend are both wearing the sweetest dresses! Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's day! :)

ash said...

adorable dress!! happy valentine's day!

- aaez

Linda said...

What a pretty dress! And you look so nice in it! It looks great paired with the belt and the black tights.
Hope you had a great party and a happy day!

The Auspicious Life