There was a bit of a hiccup in the travel plans. Basically my family has had some really bad roadtrip luck this summer (read all about it here), and my dad's car is currently in the shop in Pennsylvania due to a broken radiator. I had planned on hanging out with my dad tonight and hadn't quite been prepared to entertain myself. After watching one too many Veronica Mars episodes on Netflix, I decided its about time I get around to answering all those questions other bloggers tagged me for. So here it goes...
Questions from Kayla of Ramblings of a Small Town Girl:
1. What's your dream vacation; and who would you take with you? I would love to take my mom to Paris. She is the best shopping buddy in the world, and neither of us have ever been there before.
2. Instyle or Cosmo? Instyle for sure
3. How would you categorize your style? I would categorize my style as classic with a girly twist, with the occasional trendy piece mixed in.
4. What's your favorite part of the blogging community? I love all the support we offer each other. Its so refreshing to see women saying positive things to others instead of all the cattiness we can encounter in real life.
5. Romantic dinner or Picnic lunch? Romantic dinner. Any excuse to dress up, right?
6. How would you spend an ideal day alone? My ideal day alone would involve reading an amazing book while sitting on a beach
7. Favorite color? This is a tough one because its always changing. Right now, I would have to say green.
8. How would you describe yourself in one sentence? Okay, I have sat here writing and rewriting sentences for the last five minutes. Its way too hard to sum myself up with just one sentence. But here are some words that describe me: caring, organized, motivated, compassionate, creative.
Questions from No Guilt Fashion:
1.If you could choose to live any place, where would you live? Somewhere with a beautiful beach
2. If you could only wear one color for an entire month what would you choose? Coral. Sounds random, but thats my "color". I have way too much of it in my closet.
3. Do you own any pets? No. Although my parents did decide to replace me with a dog when I left for college. But its not technically mine?
4. What is your dream job? To work as an editor at a fashion magazine that promotes afforable, attainable clothing.
5. What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake with strawberries. Its the absolute best.
6. What type of music do you listen to? I like a variety of things. I especially like bands like Maroon 5, The Fray, John Mayer, etc. You know, mellow moody guy music.
7. Name one thing that makes you happy? Spending time with the people I love.
8. If you could have a hour long shopping spree at any store, where would you choose? Bergdorf Goodman. Hahahaha, yeah thats never going to happen in this lifetime.
Questions from Natalie of Pocket of Presh
1. What movie best describes your style?I honestly have no idea. On the other hand, movie style that inspires me: all of the dresses in The Notebook, everything in Devil Wears Prada, the Sex and the City movies (although, unfortunately, I'm more of a Charlotte than a Carrie)...and the list goes on and on.
2. Where do you find inspiration for your outfits? I have a little inspiration folder on my laptop. It mostly cotains pictures from magazines, lookbooks, and other style blogs.
3. How do you feel about thrift store shopping? I would like to start doing it more often. I think it takes a certain kind of person to have the patience to dig around until you find a gem. Its totally worth it though; the few items I have bought at thrift stores are among some of my favorite things in my closet
4. What's the next item of clothing you really want to buy? I want a new pair of leather boots for fall. Tall, brown leather boots. If you see some cute (afforable) ones, let me know.
5. What's your favorite color to wear? Either blue or coral. Blue brings out the color of my eyes, and the right shade of coral/pink nicely plays up my fair skin.
6. If you could shop in any city in the world, what city would you choose? Probably Paris. I've never been, but I here its amazing.
7. Do you have an item of clothing from the past that you really regret wearing? Pretty much anything that touched my body my freshman year of high school. I went through a tacky, hoochie mama phase. Someday when you need a good laugh, I might post pictures.
8. Which is more important to you when shoe shopping, style or comfort? Comfort. No matter how beautiful the shoe is, I'm going to avoid wearing it if I can't stand to have it on for more than twenty minutes at a time.
Whewwwww. That took longer than I though. Now I'm supposed to post my own 8 questions and pass it along. But I waited forever to answer these, so I'm pretty sure all of my blogger friends have already been tagged in one of these posts. So far now, I'm headed to bed; I have a long car ride ahead of me tomorrow. Have a good weekend!