Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Kindest Cut of All

I've decided to make a pledge, and I'm counting on all of you to hold me accountable. I've decided to grow my hair out and donate it to the organization Beautiful Lengths. I have donated my hair once before during my senior year of high school. It was a really rewarding experience because all of the hair donated to Beautiful Lengths is used to make wigs specifically for cancer patients. I started growing my hair out my junior year just for the fun of it, and by my senior year it had gotten to the longest its ever been. It was then that I decided I should keep growing it and donate it for a good cause. In December 2007, I cut two eight inch ponytails and donated them. I have really been missing my long hair lately, and there is no better incentive for growing it out. I have said this before and then gotten sick of my hair and hacked it all off again. This time, though, I mean business. Does anyone want to take the pledge with me? Strength in numbers :)

senior pic long hair
September 2007
(Yes this is a cheesy senior picture; feel free to laugh at me)



long hair
November 2007
(A few weeks before I made the big cut)


Hair cut
December 2007
(At the hair salon with my newly chopped hair and ponytails for donating)

For more information, check out the Beautiful Lengths website!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That's amazing! Such a fantastic thing to do. My hair is too gross to make a wig out of but your hair looks so nice.

I'll cheer you along the way as you grow your hair!

Melisa

Colleen said...

My brother donated his hair to locks of love before. You need 11 inch ponytails for that and he was able to get it with 3 ponytails.

Keira Lennox said...

I love this idea, Kate! I've been growing my hair out (just for the heck of it) and I'm sure that once it's long I'll be ready to chop it again. I'm definitely going to keep this in mind!!