Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Handmade By Yours Truly

BFF-1

BFF-2

BFF-3
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 slouchy top, J.Crew outlet long cardigan, Gap Always Skinny jeans, Aldo boots, Handmade necklace (by yours truly)

The past few days, I've been gravitating towards looser, more comfortable clothing. I think its partially because of post-holiday pudge and partially because I like to be comfy while running around doing all the things I want to finish before I head back to school. I wore this yesterday for a day of working on necklaces for my Etsy shop (coming in 2011!) and for dinner with some girlfriends from high school. It was only a small portion of our big group, but it was really nice to catch up with everyone who was there. I purposely chose an outfit that could showcase my new necklace. On Monday, I found these beads at JoAnn Fabrics, and I fell in love. I used to make a lot of beaded jewelry, but it's an expensive hobby. But these beads were on sale, so I gave in and bought them. I really like how it turned out, and you can look forward to seeing more necklaces like this one in my Etsy shop. Here is a little sneak peek of what else I've been working on for the shop:

December 28, 2010 016
I had so much fun at JoAnn's picking out different color combinations of fabric and buttons. I love black and white things, so a black and white necklace was a given. I'm excited to launch my shop in the next week or two, and I hope you are too! Stay tuned for Best Foot Forward's first Etsy giveaway :)

2 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I love seeing your handmade things...this necklace is so fun! I love the colors!!

Linda W said...

I'm with you on the looser clothes for the next few weeks. Eek.
And, an Etsy shop? Fun! Looking forward to seeing it (and winning the giveaway)

The Auspicious Life