Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Days 19 & 20- Dreaming of a White Christmas

day 19

BFF
What I'm wearing: Gap outlet turtleneck, Gap Always Skinny jeans, Ciao Bella boots via DSW, Forever 21 pearl earrings, Forever 21 floral bib necklace

Brrrrrrrr. Just looking at these pictures makes me cold. It's been snowing quite a bit here in Ohio, which is kind of uncommon in December; normally, the big snow comes in late January or February. But hey I'm not complaining; this year might be our first white Christmas in quite awhile! I wore this outfit for the ride to Columbus to celebrate my two year anniversary with the boyfriend. I wanted to be warm, so this turtleneck was an easy decision. Plus, it was one of the only items I hadn't worn yet out of my 30. I paired it with this floral necklace I hadn't worn since summer. And this is what it turned into: a simple yet stylish travel outfit!

day 20
What I'm wearing: J.Crew outlet tiered tank, J.Crew beaded cardigan, Old Navy jeans, J.Crew flats, Lauren RL diamond studs, Forever 21 necklace

This is what I wore for our anniversary date. We went to P.F. Chang's for dinner, did a little light Christmas shopping, and got Jeni's ice cream for dessert. We were considering going to see a movie, but opted to go home and watch Mad Men instead. Yes, we realize that we act like old farts already, but we're okay with it. It was a really nice, relaxing evening. I was planning on wearing my Target ankle booties with this outfit instead of flats, but because of all of the snow and slush, I chose the flats. And with this combination, I have officially worn all of my 30 items at least once, yay! Last time I had quite a few that I didn't wear at all, so I think this round can already be declared a success! Since I'll be in Columbus until tomorrow, tonight we have plans to check out a fro-yo place that neither of us has been before. From what I hear, its pretty darn good; there are apparently tons of toppings to chose from and you get to build your own! And for those of you who have been reading BFF awhile, you know I looooove fro-yo. What are your big Friday night plans?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love both outfits but i'm a sucker for a black turtleneck and jeans combo so that one is my fav. Plus I like the floral necklace too.

I really wish I didn't have to drive because I loove the snow. It just scares me!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

You look marvelous darlin!! Love the turtle neck sweater with the necklace...gorgeous. See you soon !! :)

Joslyn said...

i love all of your pictures out in the snow!!!

Viktoria said...

I loooove the statement necklace in the first outfit. Perfect with your almost-all-black look.

Also, acting like old farts is sometimes more fun than going out. I love nights where my hubby and I stay curled up on the couch together.