Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Costumes, Costumes, Costumes!

In celebration of Halloween, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite costumes from past years. Every year, my mom would make our costumes herself and throw a big Halloween party for my cousins and neighbors. The past few years I really haven't been that excited about Halloween, but these pictures remind me how much I used to love this holiday. I can't wait to share pictures after this weekend and show you my costume!

Old Halloween Pictures 003
1991- Devil
I think this was the first year I went trick-or-treating. Wasn't I cute? :)

Old Halloween Pictures 001
1993- Snow White
I think this is one of my favorite costumes of all time. My mom did an awesome job making this. It even had a removable cape like she wore in the movie. My mom spray dyed my hair black for the Halloween party, which I remember made me feel like the coolest kid on the block.

Old Halloween Pictures 002
1995- Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh
I was really into Disney princesses, clearly. The year before this I was Sleeping Beauty, and the year after I was Pocahontas. I remember playing dress up in this costume all the time after Halloween was over.

Old Halloween Pictures
1998- Rose from Titanic/ Princess
This costume was supposed to be Rose from Titanic, but then I wore a tiara? I seem to have been a little confused. This dress was another amazing creation by Mom, and I remember it being really hard to make. And yes, I totally thought I was hot stuff in that red lipstick.

Old Halloween Pictures 004
2002- Clown
This was the last year I went trick-or-treating. My friend and I decided at the last minute to throw together some costumes, and we went as matching clowns. Our costumes ended up being pretty awesome, and I remember getting lots of compliments. (I apologize if you're afraid of clowns!)

halloween 219.JPG
2009- Flapper
This was last year's costume (ignore the creepy facial expression...it was the only picture I could find!) Last year, I was a flapper girl and the costume came together really well: the dress, long strands of pearls, a feather boa. Unfortunately, it rained and by the time I got to the party, I looked kind of ridiculous. Better luck this year, I guess!

Which one is your favorite?

3 comments:

Em-Jae said...

YAY Halloween costumes -- I posted about costumes today, too! Your Snow White costume is too too adorable. :]

Jillians104 said...

The Snow White is probably my favorite. The clown is terrifying.

Unknown said...

Aww! I was Snow White one year too! Probably at about the same age you were. My granny made mine for me. :)