Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Self-Control

I finally got a chance to explore the area where I am living , and it did not disappoint. I love having so many different places within walking distance. Plus all this walking is good for me, since I have been avoiding the gym like the plague (next week I will start going...at least that is what I'm telling myself). Today's adventures started with a stop at Ann Taylor Loft where everything in the store was 40%, even sale items. I walked away with shorts for $20 which I was pretty excited about. Then I stopped at the famous Strand bookstore.
I'm a big fan of the Gossip Girl book series, and this was where the character Dan Humphrey worked. It was really cool to see it in person. That place is FILLED with books. They have a whole big shelf of fashion books which is right up my alley; I almost bought a biography of Anna Wintour but decided to wait. I will definitely be going back there to get some books for fun summer reading. Next I stopped at Starbucks to cool off for a few minutes since it was sweltering outside again.

Iced Vanilla Latte...yum!

Next, I headed to the Forever 21 at Union Square to return a dress I had bought at home. I received store credit, so I think tomorrow I'm going to brave the crowds and go check out the new store in Times Square. After Forever 21, I continued to shop around in stores like H&M, J.Crew, Anthropologie, and Banana Republic, but I walked away empty-handed. I'm trying to practice this thing called self-control, plus most of the stores were overcrowded, and I wasn't sure if I had the patience to stand in the lines at the dressing rooms and cash registers. The one shopping rule I have set for myself while I am here is:I'm only buying things I'm completely in love with or absolutely need. I'm hoping following this rule will keep my spending under control.

Speaking of self-control, I have to practice it every single time I walk past one of these Crumbs bake shops. I was introduced to this delicious bakery when I was in New York in May, and their cupcakes are delicious. Expensive, but so yummy. I passed this one at the end of my outing, but I didn't give in. Here is what I wore for my shopping excursion:


What I'm wearing: Gap sunkissed tee, Gap Always Skinny jeans, H&M scarf, J.Crew tote, Urban Outfitters sunglasses

I wasn't planning on doing an outfit post today, but I took two quick photos before I left and this one turned out okay. For shopping, I always like to wear something comfy. I almost always wear jeans because when I'm trying tops on, I want to see what they are going to look like with jeans, since they are the bottoms I wear the most. This outfit was a bit warm for the sunny weather, but it worked out okay.I hope everyone else had a good day, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had partial self-control when we dropped you off in New York because you and I shared a "butterfinger" cupcake that was DELICIOUS. Yummy!!