Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Football or Fashion?




Yesterday was pretty much the equivalent of a national holiday on my college campus: the day football tickets were released. There are people here who would literally give their right arm for the ridiculously overpriced and sought-after season ticket package. This "holiday" put me in quite the predicament. Being a girl who isn't really interested in the games for anything more than socializing and who is about to spend two months in one of the most expensive cities in the country as an unpaid intern, I was torn whether these tickets were really worth the whopping $200 price tag. In my mind it went like this: $200 could buy me a pair of Tory Burch flats or it could buy me football tickets. Yes, I actually think of money in terms of fashion (and yes, I know this is somewhat ridiculous). After a recent trip to the city where it literally seemed like every girl had Burch-clad feet, I have been seriously coveting the Reva ballet flat. After going back and forth about the pros (my old black flats are so worn out!) and cons (expensive!), I decided to go with the football tickets. The flats will always be there if I want them, but my last two years of college won't. So for the first time in my life, football beat fashion.

No comments: