Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Weekly Gratitude

weekly gratitude
Image via

This week has been a pretty crappy one. I've been busy, busy, busy and cranky, cranky, cranky. But weeks like this are when it's most important to notice the good things around me and be grateful. Here is what I'm thankful for this week:
-Frozen yogurt. It's delicious, semi-healthy, and the perfect thing to enjoy while indulging in some girl-talk with a friend.
-Reading. My goal is to read 20 books in 2011, and I set this goal so I would rediscover my love for books. Lately I've been taking some extra time out of my day to read, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.
-Having Fridays completely off this quarter: no school OR work. It's so nice to have a whole day to myself to catch up on sleep and relax.
-Knowing I get to go home for Easter in two weeks...it's something I'm really looking forward to.
-Getting my official NYU housing confirmation for this summer! I'm going to have air conditioning...couldn't be happier about that! I'm also going to be living near Washington Square Park...yay!
-How good I feel after I workout. It's taken awhile, but I'm finally getting back to the point where I kind of enjoy working out again. And I especially love how I feel after I've completed a hard workout.
-Along the same lines, I'm so thankful that my back is healing, I've completed physical therapy, and I'm almost back to feeling 100%. I'm extremely grateful that I was able to avoid surgery.
-Naps....I think I might go take one now!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hooray for reading! I love books.

A said...

I set a reading goal for myself this year too - its slightly more ambitious (a book a week!) but then again, I'm not in school and can read all day at work so I may just be underestimating what I should be able to do! Also, congrats on getting NYU housing with a/c - one of my friends had a stickyhotgross summer last year without a/c in those dorms!