Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

To the Max(i)

Last night, my roommate texted me from across the apartment (yes, we're that lazy) to tell me about a dress she was thinking about ordering online. I promptly pulled out my laptop and hopped on over to Modcloth to see said dress (the Style on the Side dress), and while I was on the site, I decided to browse around a little. And then I found this...

Basic Wonder skirt
Basic Wonder skirt

I've recently developed a mild obsession with all things maxi. I had my eye on this skirt from American Apparel, but it was a little pricier than I was willing to pay for a trend that I'm trying out for the first time. So when I spotted this Basic Wonder skirt ($32, one left, and in my size!), I had to give it a go. So I once again caved to the temptation that is Modcloth. So now that I'm a proud owner of a maxi skirt, how do I wear it? I need help from all you fashionistas! How would you style up this maxi skirt for spring/summer?

Update: Just joined Pinterest (thanks Amy!), so check out my stylish inspiration board to see how other ladies are rocking their maxis.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You will be able to pull this look off easily Kate. I love the inspirations you pulled up for help. I kinda like the tan maxi with just a plain tank top or cami...with a belt and flats...but all the looks look great!! When you get your maxi would love to see how you pull it off!! Thanks.