Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snapshots From the Weekend

20110109_13
On Friday, my roommates and I had a little movie/fro-yo date. We saw Black Swan, which was really, really good. I wasn't sure if I was going to like because I heard it was very dark, but I really enjoyed it, despite some pretty weird/creepy parts. Natalie Portman is so talented, and Rodarte did an amazing job on the costumes. I would definitely recommend it.

20110109_14
Yesterday, my mom came to town to take me to get some x-rays done on my back, and afterwards, we did a little shopping. I was looking for leopard print pumps for an upcoming semi-formal, but I wasn't able to find any I liked. But no worries, I didn't walk away empty-handed. Anthropologie had a big sign in their window saying they were having a sale, but I was a little skeptical. Usually their version of a "sale" is still way more than I am willing to pay. I stopped in to check it out anyway, and I'm so glad I did! I found this chiffon, grecian-style top for $20 and this cream cardigan for $40, originally $128! Bargain shopping can be such a thrill, especially when its at a store I can't normally afford.

leopard collage
Since I wasn't able to find the leopard pumps yesterday, I spent last night scouring the internet for a pair while watching Easy A. Both of these are from Endless.com (gotta love free shipping!); the first is the Franco Sarto Luxe Platform pump and the second is the Nine West Escher pump. They're both $80, which is more than I would normally spend on shoes, but its a special occasion and I'm wearing a dress that was free from my internship last summer. Since I didn't spend a cent on the dress, I'm justifying a little bit of a splurge for the shoes. Which one would you choose?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Nine West leopard print...something about the peep toe. Great find on the tops from Anthro!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I can't wait to see Black Swan, and Easy A, too! I'm definitely behind on my movie watching! :)

Anonymous said...

I saw Black Swan last night and really liked it. I couldn't remember what designer did the costumes--they were amazing! I love the grecian top! So pretty! Anthro sales are like my favorite thing ever.

I have the Franco Sarto leopard pumps and they are awesome. They're comfortable and easily one of my most worn items in my closet...hope that helps!

Melissa said...

I love the peep toe shoes but sometimes they aren't as practical (can't wear them in the rain.. or I guess you could).

They are both great though.

Melissa

Jess said...

Black Swan was amazing! The Anthropologie sale room is one of my favorite places. I think you should go with the platform pump.

Kendra said...

Go with Franco Sarto, they are a higher quality brand for the same price and the closed toe and platform are a classic, year round style I think you would lots of mileage out of!

Best Foot Forward said...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! As of now, I think I'm going to go with the Nine West because I'm a sucker for a good peep-toe. If they don't work out, I will be definitely trying the Franco Sarto ones. I love that endless.com has free shipping AND returns :)

Colleen said...

The ones on the left because closed toe is more versatile (I think)

Colleen said...

Oh you already decided. I should have read the comments before replying. oops

Rin said...

I would choose the Franco Sarto Luxe platform pumps. I think closed-toe shoes are more wearable, personally. Love those pieces from Anthropologie. We don't have one of those around here so I've been inside of one, but it looks like they must have amazing stuff.