Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

30 for 30, Round 2: My Picks

The time has come: it's time to start a new 30 for 30 challenge! On Monday, I will be beginning my second 30 for 30 challenge, hosted by the lovely Kendi of KendiEveryday. The rules: I have to pick 30 items from my closet (including shoes, but not accessories or coats) and wear only those items for 30 days. This doesn't include pajamas, workout clothes, my work uniform, etc. Another big rule: NO SHOPPING for the 30 days. I'm making an exception for Black Friday and Christmas shopping, but besides that- absolutely zero shopping allowed. I completed my first 30 for 30 challenge back in August/September, and I'm excited to be participating again. At first, I was very nervous about trying it with Fall/Winter clothes, but now that I have narrowed down my 30 items, I'm really excited to get started! Here is what I chose:

Tees

tops and blouses

sweaters

button downs

cardigans

jackets

dresses

skirts

pants

shoes

Let the remixing begin!

*Note: My "Forgotten Five" challenge will resume in the new year. I did not, indeed, forget about it.

16 comments:

Colleen said...

I didn't see you on Kendi's master list. Did you ever send her your name?

Cara-Mia said...

Wow, I think we own the same Ciao Bella boots! I'm also including them in my 30 pieces. :D

Desiree said...

Oh, I loove those tan Nine West boots! And I just checked out your "Forgotten Five" feature - such a great idea!! I love it!

Good luck on the 30 for 30. I'm participating also and I'm sure we'll all need the blogger support =)

liz said...

So jealous of your items, I think they will be easier to remix because they are such good basics!

Clare said...

Hey! I just did a 30 for 30 challenge that ended 1.5 week ago, so I'm sitting this one out. :) Mainly because there is no way I can go for another 30 days without shopping. But it'll be so interesting to see how everyone else remixes! Good luck to you! And yes, friday night ins are fabulous!

KT said...

Love that gray dress from J Crew! Can't wait to see all the fun and stylish ways you remix that! - Katy

Anonymous said...

I wonder do they sell those black dresses in H&M here in England too. :D

LifestyleBohemia said...

Awesome pieces! I don't think you'll have any problems matching together fun outfits. Can't wait to see them!

So glad I just discovered your blog - I'm your newest follower!
xx

archives vintage said...

hello fellow 30 for 30 remixer! good luck, i look forward to following your mixes! :) i cant believe youre doing it twice!!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I can't wait to see what you do with all of your awesome pieces. Your tops/blouses are all really fun! I'm following. :)

<3 Kim

christa said...

oh my gosh- i didn't even think of black friday! yeah...i'll be making that exception too.
good luck with your remixes...my wardrobe is light since being pregnant so i only could come up with 28 items but i'm going to fine comb and try and get a gull 30 by tomorrow's posting!!

Alicia Lund said...

Do accessories count in the 30 for 30 challenge? Because I don't think I could do it without multiple pieces of jewelry to spice things up ;) ... but I could do the not shopping for a month.

Hope said...

You're so brave! I don't think I could do it! Good luck, and I'm excited to see how you remix!

Desiree said...

Those Ciao Bella boots are beautiful! They look like they could be vintage. You making me regret not putting my black boots in my mix.

Keira Lennox said...

Great picks! I especially love your two jackets and those Nine West boots. Looking forward to keeping up with your remixes! :)

Shannon said...

Love your picks!I have that same beaded cardigan from J. Crew, but I'm not including it in my 30 for 30...though you're making me wish I did. Can't wait to see all of your remixes!