Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gonna Give Everything I Have

bff-1

bff-2
What I'm wearing: H&M top, J.Crew Minnie pants, Tahari heels, Pinkbox earrings, J.Crew bracelet

...because this is my destiny. Oh yes, you know it's going to be a good blog post when I start out quoting a Justin Bieber song. My little brother would be cringing right now (you could say he's the opposite of a Belieber). But as cheesy as this song is, I love the message it sends. And after a particularly inspiring day, I think it's quite fitting. Today I was one of the lucky 20 interns from throughout the office who was able to have lunch with the EDITOR IN CHIEF! It was such a great experience; she had so much amazing advice to give us. She reminded us that we should be doing everything we can to be the best we can be, which made me think of the song lyric. She also told us not to be afraid to dream big, which really resonated with me. Last year I didn't even apply for internships at magazines because I just assumed I would never be chosen and didn't want to face rejection. But ultimately, fashion magazines are what I want to do (my "destiny"). So this year I dared to dream big, and look where I am now! Being an intern at a fashion magazine is obviously only the first step, but at least its a step in the right direction. After the summer is over, I will be starting my senior year of college. It's scary realizing how soon I will have to start looking for a real job. But it's exciting too! There are some really amazing opportunities out there...all I have to do is dream big!

2 comments:

Bad Joan said...

Great look, adorable top!

GTBB,
http://www.badjoan.com
http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

Jesa said...

You're adorable!
xx