Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Taking A Step Back

bff-3

bff-2
What I'm wearing: Forever 21 top, Old Navy skinny jeans, Ciao Bella boots via DSW, Target scarf, Forever 21 earrings

This morning I stood in front of my closet, on the verge of running late, and felt absolutely clueless. Nothing was jumping out at me, and I started to panic a little that I was never going to make it to class because I wasn't going to be able to decide on an outfit. I decided to step away and do my hair and makeup first, which isn't my normal routine. By the time I made it back to my closet, I felt much calmer and ended up loving the comfortable/casual combination I came up with. Sometimes, you just have to take a step back and not take it so seriously. Getting dressed in the morning should be fun. Now if only it would warm up so I can put on some bright colors. It just doesn't feel right to wear rainbow brights when it's so cold and gray outside, even if it is almost April. Who else is excited for all of the fun, bright colors that spring is bringing this year?

1 comment:

Reston Style said...

sometimes jeans and a casual top can look sooo chic - like here! I love, Love, LOVE the leopard scarf!! I totally need some leopard in my wardrobe! and your boots are amazing! Hope you had a good class!
-Lizzy
http://restonstyle.blogspot.com