Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Big City, Big News

20110303_15

20110303_11

20110303_12
What I'm wearing: H&M blazer, Loft Top, J.Crew Minnie pants, Tahari heels (2007), J.Crew bracelet, Vintage ring

In case you hadn't guessed from my previous post, my little roadtrip took me New York City. It was the quickest trip ever, but it ended exactly how I had hoped: I was offered an internship! I found out Friday that I was being considered for a position at a fashion magazine, and it's been absolutely killing me to keep this a secret from you guys (I didn't want to jinx myself before the interview!). I'm feeling a huge range of emotions right now: excited, relieved, grateful, a little nervous...but mostly excited! I feel so fortunate that somehow my resume and cover letter made it into the hands of the right people and that they were impressed. Little old me, just a girl from Ohio, is going to be interning at a fashion magazine! It feels surreal. When I found out about the interview, one of the first things I thought was "What am I going to wear?!" So clearly a little shopping was in order. After hearing Linda rave about the J.Crew Minnie pants awhile back, I had to give them a try. And I really like them! I topped them off with a top from Loft and a loose blazer from H&M. I completed the look with my favorite heels (I've had them for years and I'm still in love) and my J.Crew cuff bracelet. I felt really good, and I think that came across in my interview. After finding out I received the internship (I got an email about 10 minutes after leaving the office), I went to Crumbs with my mom and dad to celebrate.

20110303_21

20110303_19

No trip to NYC is complete without a trip to Crumbs! Now I'm headed back to Columbus, and I can't wait to share my good news! Bye, bye New York...see you again in June!
*Also, if anyone has NYC housing suggestions, I'm all ears!

11 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations! How exciting. And you look fabulous - perfect interview outfit, and great pieces to remix during your internship!

Alicia Lund said...

Congrats, how exciting!! Do we get to know what magazine?!

Amy said...

Wow, that's awesome news. Congrats!!

Jess said...

Wow! That is so exciting! Congrats!

Jillians104 said...

YAYYY!! I'm so excited for you!! You deserve it!! Now we need to find an internship for me!

Sara Louise said...

That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Leslie said...

How exciting ongratulations!!! I'm interning in NYC this summer too. I just started the housing search, so I thought I'd let you know what I've found:)

FIT, NYU, Columbia and The New School all have summer intern housing dorms and apartments at greatttt prices. You can also look at nycintern.org orr educational housing services (studenthousing.org)

Hope that helps some!

Viktoria said...

Congrats!! How exciting :)

PS- I looove wearing my J. Crew Minnie pants!

Best Foot Forward said...

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words! For now, I'm keeping the name of the publication hush hush, but I think it's safe to say you've probably heard of it :)

Katelyn said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting.
Mmm cupcakes, now I'm craving them!
I love your coat -- where did you get it??

Katelyn
dailybasisblog.blogspot.com

Best Foot Forward said...

Katelyn- My coat is from Old Navy from last winter. I love it...it's great for "dressier" occasions when a warm puffy coat is just not appropriate.