Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Empire State of Mind

nyc updates
I realize that I've been lacking a little in the blog posting department lately, so I wanted to give you a little update on what's been going on here in NYC:
-My camera is broken! The first weekend I was here, someone dropped it and broke the lens, rendering the camera and the pictures on it completely useless until it can be repaired. My parents are sending me my brother's camera as a stand-in, so hopefully outfit pictures will resume soon.
-I'm completely obsessed with the area I live in. I walk out my front door and am pretty much standing in Washington Square Park (above, picture taken last summer), and I love going there to read and enjoy a little bit of the outdoors...it's about as "outdoorsy" as NYC gets. I'm also within walking distance of Bleecker street and tons of delicious food places.
-So far the only celebrity I've seen is the one who works at my office, so I'm not sure if that really counts? But hopefully by the end of my time here, I will have seen some more!
-My internship is going well. Some highlights so far were getting to help pack the trunks for a major photo shoot and handling some AMAZING clothes, getting to deliver a clothing rack to a photo shoot (even though I didn't get to see much, it was still pretty cool), getting to go to some pretty big-name showrooms to pick up or deliver clothing, and getting to cross paths with incredibly stylish people everyday.
-So far, believe it or not, I haven't really shopped. Although that's probably about to change because it's my day off, and I'm heading to Soho!

So that's pretty much all that's been happening lately...just wanted to stop by for a little update! Hopefully I will be back to regular outfit posts soon!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

oh no, sorry to hear about your camera. but yay for your internship! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/